- Sunday, March 10, 2019
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 9300 Willingdon Road, North Saanich, BC (in the Resthaven Seventh Day Adventist Church building)
- Save to your Calendar
Do you ever question where you came from? Do you ever wonder were the first human beings created by a Person the Bible refers to as God or were they a result of natural evolutionary occurences that took place over a millenium of time? What about the legitimacy of popular views and scientific teaching on this topic - are the science textbooks which support evolution truly reliable or are there solid reasons to suspect that what they teach as "fact" are really misguided and unproven theories? How does science and theology embrace such a topic as creation and find some common ground?
Here is an opportunity to find some answers that will provide you with an informed view about the origin of humanity, while also helping you to discover that your life has meaning and that you were created with a purpose. Join us as we host a presentation by Creation Ministries International (CMI) on Sunday, March 10, 2019 from 10am-12pm with guest speaker Clarence Janzen, co-founder of CMI and part of an international team of experts on the topic of creationism.
There will be no fee for attending but there will be a variety of books and publications available for purchase following the presentation. For more information about Creation Ministries International, see below or go to https://creation.com. For further details about this event, please contact Pastor Larry Gill at 250-415-7562. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
CMI has offices in Australia, Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa and United States of America. Here are a few points that may be discussed during the upcoming presentation:
- Scripture teaches a recent origin for man and the whole creation.
- The days in Genesis do not correspond to geologic ages, but are six  consecutive twenty-four  hour days of Creation.
- The Noachian Flood was a significant geological event and much (but not all) fossiliferous sediment originated at that time.
- The ‘gap’ theory has no basis in Scripture. Nor has the day-age idea (so-called ‘progressive creation’), or the Framework Hypothesis or theistic evolution.
- The view, commonly used to evade the implications or the authority of Biblical teaching, that knowledge and/or truth may be divided into ‘secular’ and ‘religious’, is rejected.
- Facts are always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information. By definition, therefore, no interpretation of facts in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record.
- The various original life forms (kinds), including mankind, were made by direct creative acts of God. The living descendants of any of the original kinds (apart from man) may represent more than one species today, reflecting the genetic potential within the original kind. Only limited biological changes (including mutational deterioration) have occurred naturally within each kind since Creation.
- The great Flood of Genesis was an actual historic event, worldwide (global) in its extent and effect.